Thank you to the participants and their fan base. It was great to see everyone after last year’s hiatus. We were able to hold the 12th annual Karen Stevens Memorial Kids Triathlon.
The triathlon raised over $1,200 to go towards funding swim lessons for children with special needs in Anne Arundel County. With these funds the Karen Stevens Memorial Lesson program will be able to provide over 200 individual swim lessons over the next year. Thank you so much for helping us continue the legacy of Karen Stevens; teaching water safety to children.
A few pictures from today’s event, as well as information about other events on the trail, will be posted on the Friends of the Anne Arundel County Trails Facebook page.
Please note, the time for the bike leg was NOT included in anyone’s final time. The bike leg is a bike “ride” and no participant is advantaged or disadvantaged on the ride. The final time does include the swim time, run time, and the transition times for the swim to the bike and from the bike to the run.
We look forward to seeing everyone again next fall or check out the Emily Schindler Memorial Triathlon, open to all ages, and held in the spring.
David Ensor and Colby Ziegler
- 1. Laken Alexander – 0:14:55
- 2. Emily Schlosberg – 0:18:45
- 3. Eva Sipe – 0:19:22
- 1.Waverly Alexander – 0:13:58
- 2.Cara Newman – 0:14:38
- 3.Sophia Vargas – 0:14:49
- 1.Madelyn Canaday – 0:22:48
- 2.Reagan O’Brien – 0:22:48
- 3.Lena Rausch – 0:23:00
- 1.Kayla Edwards -0:26:51
- 2.Charlotte Weny – 0:27:58
- 1.Liam Sipe -0:13:39
- 2.Stetson Martin – 0:14:34
- 3.Sullenger Martin- 0:15:186
- 1.Caden Mahl – 0:19:40
- 2.Jojo Navarro-Monzo – 0:21:23
- 3.Lucas Dunlop – 0:22:08
- 1.Court Barrett – 0:17:48
- 2.Christopher Dunlop – 0:22:03
- 3.Charles Geraghty – 0:30:37
11 – 14 Team
- 1.Team Narbel, Naresa Geraghty & Annabel Collins – 0:29:11